Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Raghavan Srinivasan <ra...@iplanet.com> on 2002/01/08 00:03:47 UTC

No Deserializer found ...Apache -> Apache

I know this one error has been seen by a lot of folks using the MSTK
with Apache . Has anyone seen this with an Apache client calling a
Apache service ?

I am trying to send across a complex type across a Soap call . I have
taken care to register the serializer-serializer combo with both the
service Deployment Descriptor as well as  the client code , taking care
to avoid typos .

I can even see the serializers being loaded and called in the right
sequence . I am tunneling my call thru the
org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui and can see the Soap invocation
being made , but the call never seems to make it on the other side
(server) .

I keep getting  this error....

  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = No Deserializer found to deserialize a
'urn:xml-soap-ipm:wfactivity' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception:  SOAP Service Exception
:SOAP-E
V:Client:No Deserializer found to deserialize a
'urn:xml-soap-ipm:wfactivity' u
ing encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.
        at ejb2.client.PMMessageClient.send(PMMessageClient.java:147)
        at ejb2.client.PMMessageClient.main(PMMessageClient.java:224)

 I tried using the following API call in my code to see if the mappings
are registered fine ....and it turns up OK too .

            Deserializer deSer = smr.queryDeserializer (new
QName("urn:xml-soap-ipm" ,"wfactivity"),
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" ) ;
            if (deSer == null)
                System.out.println ("NO DESERIALIZER FOUND FOR:" +
"urn:xml-soap-ipm:wfactivity" ) ;
            else
                System.out.println ("DESERIALIZER FOUND") ;

I cant figure whats happening . Any tips to debug this problem further /
any insights ?

Thanks -
Raghavan