Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stuart Roebuck <sr...@adolos.com> on 2000/10/20 14:52:38 UTC

RE: Benchmark of XSLT performance

Sebastian,

On Friday, October 20, 2000, at 10:23 AM, Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

> > Sebastien, how's it compare with the XalanJ1 version?
>
> Faster (twice as fast) when it comes to short XML document (1kb) but almost
> the same when dealing with longer source (100kb). So still 3 times longer
> than XT :-( in this case.

Do you mean XalanJ2 is faster than 1 or 1 faster than 2.  Running your benchmarks on MacOS X Beta (Java 1.2.2 + Hotspot) I got (readings from second 100 only):

                         1K Source      100K Source
Xalan2 + Aelfred                30             2384
Xalan2 + Xerces                 40             2389
Xalan1.2 + Xerces               23              355
XT + Xerces                     24              270
XT + Sun parser                  9              228
XT + Aelfred                     9              233
Xalan2 default parser           39             2416

Stuart.

> Please download my benchmark at
>
> http://sebsahuc.citeweb.net/Xslbench.zip
>
> It's a autosufficient bench (every lib included), just need to launch
>
>   run 100
>
> for testing the 1kb sample two times 100 loops (to make sure the code is
> compiled when we reached the second set of 100 loops)
>
> and launch
>
>   run2 100
>
> for benching the 100kb sample two times 100 loops.
>

> The bench show different combinations of XSL processor and XML parser.
>
> Let's me know what are your thoughts on this. Thanks
>
> Sebastien

Stuart Roebuck, BSc, MBA        Tel.: 0131 228 4853 / Fax.: 0870 054 8322
Managing Director                       Alpha Numeric Pager: 07654 588898