Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Thom Hehl <th...@nowhereatall.com> on 2005/08/08 15:19:31 UTC

exclude directories from jar file

I am trying to create 2 jar files from my application.

I have directory rex that contains a bunch of source files and then
directory rex/rexml that contains a separate, but closely related
application. The only difference will be the root (main class) application.

I want all of the contents of the rex directory to go into rex.jar. The
problem is that it is including the classes built from rexml. I want to
create a jar task that will exclude these classes.

Here's what I've got so far....

<pre>
    <jar jarfile="${dist-jar}"
         basedir="${build}"
         excludes="rex/rexml"
         manifest="${src}/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"/>
</pre>

When I run this with debug turned on, I get:
<pre>
      [jar] Building jar: /home/ThomHehl/src/Javacode/rex/distrib/rex.jar
      [jar] adding directory META-INF/
      [jar] adding entry META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
      [jar] adding directory rex/
      [jar] adding entry rex/Configuration.class
      [jar] adding entry rex/IdxFileConverter.class
      [jar] adding entry rex/NoConfigurationException.class
      [jar] adding directory rex/rexml/
      [jar] adding entry rex/rexml/IdxXmlGenerator.class
</pre>

I'm still getting the last two. I've never been able to get exclude to
work quite right. I've read the manual, but am obviously still missing
something.

Thanks.