Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ol...@rwg.de on 2000/10/24 12:41:45 UTC

Integration in JBuilder

Hi,

some days ago there was a question which IDE supports Ant.
Unfortunately I can't remember if JBuilder was mentioned (I think not).
Also I found nothing on the Net.
Does anybody know a Plugin for JBuilder? Or has anybody tried it
using the JBuilder OpenTools API?

regards
Oli B.
--
Oliver Böhm
Tel 0711/2012-2734

Re: Integration in JBuilder

Posted by Oliver Boehm <bo...@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.De>.
Oliver Boehm wrote:

> Jan Castermans wrote:
> > Better let all of us know, because I already browsed around, but couldn't
> > find anything...
>
> I also could't find anything. So I played around with the JBuilder OpenTools API
> but unfortunately my documentation has some gaps. If you are interested you can
> take a look at
> http://www.ba-stuttgart.de/~boehm/tools/AntAddin/
>
> Be warned - it's not for general use because different things are still hard
> coded (path, buildfile). Consider it more as an example or case study how an
> integration could be done. The next thing I plan is the redirection of the ant
> output into JBuilders message window (if I find the time to do it(.
>
> If there's something new I'll keep you informed (but don't expect too much)
> Oli B.

Puh, it's harder than expected because of my lack of experience (with JBuilder
as with Ant). If somebody else wants to try his luck he is welcome (I downloaded
today an update at the URL above). I'm the next 2 weeks not at work to continue
it, sorry.

regards
Oliver
--
Oliver Böhm

Re: Integration in JBuilder

Posted by Oliver Boehm <bo...@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.De>.
Jan Castermans wrote:
> Better let all of us know, because I already browsed around, but couldn't
> find anything...

I also could't find anything. So I played around with the JBuilder OpenTools API
but unfortunately my documentation has some gaps. If you are interested you can
take a look at
http://www.ba-stuttgart.de/~boehm/tools/AntAddin/

Be warned - it's not for general use because different things are still hard
coded (path, buildfile). Consider it more as an example or case study how an
integration could be done. The next thing I plan is the redirection of the ant
output into JBuilders message window (if I find the time to do it(.

If there's something new I'll keep you informed (but don't expect too much)
Oli B.
--
Oliver Böhm                       # Even when code is so simple you could
mailto:boehm@ba-stuttgart.de      # write in your sleep don't fall asleep

Re: Integration in JBuilder

Posted by Jan Castermans <ja...@beta9.be>.

Re: Integration in JBuilder

Posted by Jeffrey Porter <je...@metadyne.uk.com>.

Re: Integration in JBuilder

Posted by Oliver Boehm <bo...@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.De>.
Marcel Schutte wrote:

> > some days ago there was a question which IDE supports Ant.
> > Unfortunately I can't remember if JBuilder was mentioned (I think not).
> > Also I found nothing on the Net.
> > Does anybody know a Plugin for JBuilder? Or has anybody tried it
> > using the JBuilder OpenTools API?
>
> I'm using a very low-tech approach for calling ant from JBuilder 3.5 on a
> win2000 machine. I've added an item to the tools menu which calls a .bat
> file with ($ProjectDir) and the ant target as parameters. This .bat file
> contains the command 'start /d%1 %2'. The start command is somehow necessary
> to make it all work.
>
> A Unix version shouldn't be too difficult I guess.
>
> Marcel

this was also my first approach, but then I want to call different targets and I
ended with several entries in the tools menu (which becomes very unhandy). Also
it's not portable - one of the big advantage of Ant (and also JBuilder).

But yes, to start with Ant and JBuilder it's sufficient, but I want more ;-)

regards
Oliver

RE: Integration in JBuilder

Posted by Marcel Schutte <ma...@schutte.com>.