Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/17 10:22:20 UTC

Camel EIP Visualisation available & Maven Plugin & Reports supported

Just a heads up for those folks using Camel as the EIP routing engine
in ServiceMix. We now have a nice EIP visualisation plugin
available...
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/visualisation.html

So you can now easily generate nice graphical reports of your EIP
routing rules from your application code; whether you specify the
Camel's EIP routing rules in Java or XML code.

We've also added the generation of these EIP diagrams to the standard
maven reports via the Camel Maven Plugin
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/camel-maven-plugin.html

For example here's the generated (sample) routing rules for the
camel-spring module...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/maven/camel-spring/cameldoc/index.html

Notice how you can click on most of the EIP nodes to go to the pattern
page! And hover over a node to get more detailed description etc.

Description of the plugin and how it works is here
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/camel-maven-plugin.html

In summary; just add the camel-maven-plugin to your <reporting>
section of your pom.xml then make sure you have a
META-INF/spring/*.xml in your classpath which configures your EIP
routing rules (via Java or XML). Note that if you do not intend to
include a META-INF/spring/*.xml file in your jar, you could put this
in the src/test/resources directory so it will only be used for
generating the reports.

Enjoy!
--
James