Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Sam Redai <sa...@tabular.io> on 2022/02/01 01:48:06 UTC

New Versioned Iceberg Documentation Site

Hey Everyone,

With 0.13.0's approval for release, I think this would be a good time to
have a discussion around the proposed versioned documentation site, powered
by Hugo. The site is ready to be released and the source code for the site
can be found in the apache/iceberg-docs repository:
https://github.com/apache/iceberg-docs.

In order for everyone to see a dev version of the site live, I've deployed
it temporarily to: https://iceberg.redai.dev

The markdown files will remain in the apache/iceberg repository and will
represent the latest unreleased documentation. PRs for changes to
documentation will be made against the apache/iceberg repository. During a
release, the current version of the docs will be copied from
apache/iceberg, to apache/iceberg-docs, where a new version can then be
deployed by creating a version branch. With the current configuration, a
new version of the documentation site is deployed for each branch name, for
example creating an `0.13.0` branch will deploy an `0.13.0` version of the
site. A particular version can be reached at /docs/<version>. We will also
maintain a `latest` branch which will be a clone of the latest version
branch. All links at the top level (such as from the landing-page) will
link to the `docs/latest` site.

If everyone is ok with this, I'll reach out to the ASF infra team to begin
the process.

Thanks!
-Sam

Re: New Versioned Iceberg Documentation Site

Posted by ru...@gmail.com.
+1, great to see the improvements!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Nice site Sam!
Thanks for the good work!

Shall we include Hive in the main page?

Thanks,
Peter

Posted by Eduard Tudenhoefner <ed...@dremio.com>.

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Redai <sa...@tabular.io>.

Posted by Ashish Singh <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@oalsafi.com>.

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@oalsafi.com>.
Looking good, thanks Sam!

Posted by Kyle Bendickson <ky...@tabular.io>.

Posted by Jack Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@tabular.io>.

--
Ryan Blue
Tabular

Re: New Versioned Iceberg Documentation Site

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.
Nice looking website.

Posted by Eduard Tudenhoefner <ed...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@tabular.io>.