Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2018/07/31 03:51:27 UTC

[VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC2]

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) version 2.6.3.

The release candidates (RC2):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/2.6.3

Git tag for the release (RC2):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/tree/dubbo-2.6.3

Hash for the release tag:
a8be0eaaddab198ed03b0150d4db03e2b22f023f

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/blob/2.6.3-release/CHANGES.md

The artifacts have been signed with Key : 28681CB1, which can be found in the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

The previously RC1 vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6371153d4fd5645615c14518f70f423134b08148c2fba72e5bb63a55@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo (Incubating) Team

Best regards,
Jun

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC2]

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) to release.

I have checked:
* All UTs passed with Java 7+, MacOSX,
* Sha512 checksum ok,
* All codes in RC2 matched with tag a8be0eaaddab198ed03b0150d4db03e2b22f023f
* Ran integration tests with samples under dubbo/dubbo-samples[1], all passed.

> running 'mvn clean test' on 2.6.3 release branch and on 2.6.x tag I get a
> failure with the following unit test:

> Test set: com.alibaba.dubbo.config.AbstractInterfaceConfigTest
> Tests run: 38, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.127 sec
> <<< FAILURE! - in com.alibaba.dubbo.config.AbstractInterfaceConfigTest
> checkApplication1(com.alibaba.dubbo.config.AbstractInterfaceConfigTest)
> Time elapsed: 0.006 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<10[0]> but was:<10[]>
>    at
> com.alibaba.dubbo.config.AbstractInterfaceConfigTest.checkApplication1(AbstractInterfaceConfigTest.java:90)

For the issue Andrea mentioned, I couldn’t reproduce locally, not sure about the root cause yet, need further inspect.

> One mirror issue:
>  ChangeLogs in source zip file has some spell issue, somehow it fixed in Github but not include in zip file.

For the issue Yunkun mentioned, I have checked the release tag hash at a8be0eaaddab198ed03b0150d4db03e2b22f023f, with the same content.

1. https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-samples

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 5:06 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 02/08/18 09:59, YunKun Huang wrote:
> > +1 to release
> >
> > I have check unit test with Mac & java 8
> >
> > One mirror issue:
> >   ChangeLogs in source zip file has some spell issue, somehow it fixed in Github but not include in zip file.

I think the reason is your fix for the typos is not included in RC2.
The release tag is a8be0eaaddab198ed03b0150d4db03e2b22f023f but your
fix is e4aea68c97fd1552fc0f790b36788b6f0101cc7c.
You can check the 2.6.3-release branch to view the details.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC2]

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
> One mirror issue:
>  ChangeLogs in source zip file has some spell issue, somehow it fixed in Github but not include in zip file.

I have checked that both the source RC[1] and tag[2] have the same spell issues. So they are matched at this point.

1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/2.6.3

Posted by YunKun Huang <hy...@apache.org>.
+1 to release

Posted by Yong Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by YunKun Huang <hy...@apache.org>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC2]

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC2]

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) to release.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

[CANCEL][VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.3 [RC2]

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

I am afraid we have to cancel the release of RC2, Jason has found that this candidate has a compatible problem with eailier versions 2.5.9 and 2.5.10[1]. This issue is not what we expected, so I think we should fix this issue and start a new vote round.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/2174