Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rich Newcomb <rn...@blueprinttech.com> on 2002/05/31 17:16:47 UTC

Help: can not get WSDL2Java to work for UDDI spec wsdl(s)

Greetings,

I am trying to generate java skeleton code from the UDDI 2.0 specification
wsdl files.

These files can be found here:

	http://uddi.org/wsdl/inquire_v2.wsdl
	http://uddi.org/wsdl/publish_v2.wsdl

When I execute this WSDL2Java command:

	c:\axis>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -v -s -n -a -D
http://uddi.org/wsdl/publish_v2.wsdl

I get the following result:

	Parsing XML file:  http://uddi.org/wsdl/publish_v2.wsdl
	java.io.IOException: Type urn:uddi-org:api_v2:serviceDetail is referenced
but not defined.
         		at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(SymbolTable.java:405)
         		at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:331)
         		at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:188)
         		at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:155)
         		at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java$WSDLRunnable.run(WSDL2Java.java:725)
         		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I've noticed two things about the structure and content of this wsdl:
   a) The wsdl imports data types and elements from an .xsd
file--  http://www.uddi.org/schema/uddi_v2.xsd
   b) There is overlap in the names of the operations defined in the wsdl
and the elements defined in xsd, for example:

	<message name="bindingDetail">
		<part name="body" element="uddi:bindingDetail" />
	</message>

	where uddi is the namespace defined by the .xsd document.

Is there a bug here, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Rich Newcomb
Software Architect
Blueprint Technologies