Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Alexandre <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/24 09:15:42 UTC

External domain redirection with db.ignore.external.links=true

Hi,

I've a question concerning redirection to external domain.
I crawl different websites, but I don't want to crawl external links. For
that I used the option
db.ignore.external.links=true
It's working fine. But my problem is, that the websites using redirection to
an external domain are not crawled.
For exemple:
http://www.ikea.at  is redirected to http://www.ikea.com/at/de/ and my
crawler ignore this website because of the option
db.ignore.external.links=true.

A solution could be to use directly the url  http://www.ikea.com/at/de/ in
the seed list, but this is not an option for me, because I can not change
this list.

Is there any possibility in Nutch to authorize to crawl websites that are
redirected to external domains, and ignore external links?

Thank for your help,

Alex.

Re: External domain redirection with db.ignore.external.links=true

Posted by Stefan Scheffler <ss...@avantgarde-labs.de>.
Hey, this depends on the question:
     Do you know all the redirection points, when you start the crawl?
         In this case you just can edit the conf/regex-urlfilter.txt For
example:
             +http://www.ikea.com/at/de/.* - means: all domains which
match to this regex will be included
leading '-' means, the domains will be excluded
      If you don't know about all redirection points it is a little more
complicated. I wrote an own url-filter-plugin to make nutch follow
redirects. But this was slowing down the crawling a little.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.