Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Scott Brown <do...@yahoo.com.au> on 2007/04/13 08:51:51 UTC

Forrest error message "Could not find component for role"

When I try to run forrest 0.7, I get the following error message:

 Could not find component for role: [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm] (Key=’org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm’)

How do I fix this?

When I googled for this bug, I found the suggestion to add

org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo to the
project.required.plugins line in forrest.properties, but when
I tried this it didn't have any effect.

Re: Forrest error message "Could not find component for role"

Posted by Braim <br...@gmail.com>.
I won't publish any infos from the dev mailing list here. As I've seen that
the release is for real soon (6 days testing), I thought it might be better
for him (the original poster) to start using the new version. So, he can
avoid the migration process of its sources.

I've been reading theses mailing (user & dev) lists for about a week now,
I'm not yet aware of everything and I definitely should've kept my mouth
shout :-))

Sorry again :-)

Braim

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Braim <br...@gmail.com>.
Ooops!
I'm sorry I didn't know that.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Braim a écrit :

> Maybe if you start using forrest, it would be better to start with the
> 0.8 release candidate? You can find it here
> http://people.apache.org/~crossley/forrest-08-rc1/
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Ecrossley/forrest-08-rc1/>
>
> This version should (soon) be final and I think you can start your new
> developments using it :-)
>

> On 4/13/07, *Scott Brown* <doolagarl2002@yahoo.com.au
> <ma...@yahoo.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     When I try to run forrest 0.7, I get the following error message:
>
>      Could not find component for role:
>     [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
>     (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm')
>
>     How do I fix this?
>
>     When I googled for this bug, I found the suggestion to add
>
>     org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo to the
>     project.required.plugins line in forrest.properties, but when
>
>     I tried this it didn't have any effect.
>

>     Send instant messages to your online friends
>     http://au.messenger.yahoo.com <http://au.messenger.yahoo.com>

Right, you may try to use the latest version.
I think the plugin you need is the
*org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule *- to add to the
project.required.plugins list.

Salutations,
Cyriaque

Re: Forrest error message "Could not find component for role"

Posted by Braim <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Scott Brown wrote:
> >When I try to run forrest 0.7, I get the following error message:
> >
> > Could not find component for role:
> >[org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
> >(Key=?org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm?)
>
> This is a known issue.
>
> >How do I fix this?
> >
> >When I googled for this bug, I found the suggestion to add
> >
> >org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo to the
> >project.required.plugins line in forrest.properties, but when
> >I tried this it didn't have any effect.
>
> I think you misread the post (or the post was incorrect). The solution
> is to add a plugin version number to that line:
>
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo-0.1

Yes, see the FAQ.
http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html
use your browser's "find in page" for "InputModule"
voila ...
http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#older-plugins

> Or, as others have pointed out you could download the 0.8 release
> candidate currently in testing and let us know if it works for you.
>
> If all goes well this will be the current release very soon.

Please do not encourage users to use stuff that
is for developers. By all means encourage people
to move over to the dev@ list where it all happens.

For explantion of that important aspect of our open
development practice.
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what
especially paragraph #2.

-David

Re: Forrest error message "Could not find component for role"

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.