Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/09 07:52:37 UTC

Feedback on using Phoenix QueryServer in production

Hi,

We would like to query Phoenix from a Ruby app. We found 2 Ruby connectors
for Apache Phoenix but one of them required Java1.5 and other was using
Phoenix4.1.
Java1.5 is probably really hard to use in our stack and jdk version upgrade
of "ruby java bridge" seems like a very big task.

So, i am leaning towards using Phoenix Query Server now. Since QueryServer
is fairly new component, I would like to take feedback from users who are
running it in production?

We are using HDP2.3.4(Phoenix4.4). Our workload is not very heavy. We are
going to use Query Server strictly for reads, essentially, doing some
aggregate queries.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta