Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Aldo Armiento <al...@armiento.com> on 2005/03/05 23:18:14 UTC

Crowling specific pages

Hi All...

I need to crawl about 20 sites. Sites structure is:

ENTRY-PAGE (http://www.example.com/lists.html) with a list of links to sub-
pages (http://www.example.com/sub-page1.html ... sub-pageN.html).

I need to:

- fetch _always_ the ENTRY-PAGE (list of links to sub-pages);
- if a sub-pages (URL) is on DB, *don't fetch it* (for keep bandwith lower);
- if a sub-pages is not on DB, *fetch it*.

I need to run this about 2/3 times in a day for all 20 sites.

Is possible to use nutch? If yes, how configure it for this scope?

Thanks you,
Duc.

P.S. I notice that I need to restart apache tomcat to search in new segments.
How is possible without restart it?

Re: Crowling specific pages

Posted by sub paul <su...@gmail.com>.
is touching web.xml the only option? That still restarts the whole web
application. Can we somehow force re-initialize the NutchBean? Would
that work with the new updated index?

Regards,
Paul

Re: Crowling specific pages

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.

Re: Crowling specific pages

Posted by Aldo Armiento <al...@armiento.com>.
Dear Stefan,
thanks you for your reply.

I suppose that I have to reduce "db.default.fetch.interval"? Or not?

What I need is not re-fetchs always all pages, but only the "LIST-OF-INTERNAL-
LINKS" page and, if there are on this new links, fetch this new pages. I'm sure
that pages I've fetched are not changed. The only page that can change is
the "LIST-OF-INTERNAL-LINKS".
Is it possible?

Thanks,
Aldo.