Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Puder, Karl" <Ka...@compaq.com> on 2000/12/18 22:17:10 UTC

Xalan development for OpenVMS/Alpha

Greetings:

I'm working on porting Xalan to OpenVMS. I presume I should get added to the
mailing list?

I have been looking over the sources for the three existing Xalan platforms,
and I keep thinking that adding OpenVMS would be easier if the sources were
in common with conditional compilation rather than separate trees, so I
could just insert my own conditionals. Then I could keep the Linux or AIX
code if the OpenVMS C++ (or C) compiler and RTL support a certain UNIXism,
and I could use or clone the Windows code if that is more appropriate.

Is there any current effort to bring the different versions together?

	:Karl.

Karl Puder
COMPAQ computer corporation
> * karl.puder@digital.com