Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by MYSP <my...@phenixcable.net> on 2002/04/27 23:24:38 UTC

primary name

What a mess!

In version 1.3.22, attempting to add a virtual host;

A quote from
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/examples.html#purename

is

Setup: The server machine has a primary name server.domain.tld. There are
two aliases (CNAMEs) www.domain.tld and www.sub.domain.tld for the address
server.domain.tld.

When I am logged in, I have the prompt
[root@scotty sbin]#

Does this mean the primary name is scotty? Or is is it the (fq)domain name?
(btw: The server returns the correct page by some miracle. We are trying to
set up Virtual hosting.)

Thanks,
Bill

RE: primary name