Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Richa Khurana <ri...@globallogic.com> on 2009/08/20 13:13:57 UTC

File poller fails on upgrading from JAVA 1.5 to JAVA 1.6

Hi,

I am facing problems while upgrading from java version 1.5 to 1.6. My
project which is already in production uses following technology stack-

JAVA 1.5, SMX 3.2.2, Camel 1.5

I use a file poller which polls for a specified directory for PDF and
TIFF files only and has a target service as a JMS queue. This is
configured as below-

<file:poller service="tut:file" endpoint="poller"

                        file="${inputDirectory}"

                        period="${ period}"

                        targetService="tp:jms"

                        autoCreateDirectory="false">

                        <property name="filter">

                                    <bean

class="org.apache.commons.io.filefilter.WildcardFilter">

                                                <constructor-arg>

                                                            <list>

<value>*.pdf</value>

<value>*.tif</value>

<value>*.tiff</value>

<value>*.PDF</value>

<value>*.TIF</value>

<value>*.TIFF</value>

                                                            </list>

                                                </constructor-arg>

                                    </bean>

                        </property>

</file:poller>

This works completely well in production and with technology stack
specified above. But on upgrading java from 1.5 to 1.6. I get the below
stack trace. Kindly help!!!

ERROR - FileComponent                  - Failed to process file:
c:\inbox\Richa.pdf. Reason:
org.springframework.jms.UncategorizedJmsExcepti

on: Uncategorized exception occured during JMS processing; nested
exception is javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create JMS Message:
javax.x

ml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Content is not allowed in prolog.; nested exception is
javax.xml.transform

.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not
allowed in prolog.

org.springframework.jms.UncategorizedJmsException: Uncategorized
exception occured during JMS processing; nested exception is
javax.jms.JMSE

xception: Failed to create JMS Message:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Content is not allowed in p

rolog.; nested exception is javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

Caused by:

javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create JMS Message:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Content is no

t allowed in prolog.

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jms.endpoints.JmsProviderEndpoint$1.createMessage(
JmsProviderEndpoint.java:358)

        at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.doSend(JmsTemplate.java:507)

        at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate$3.doInJms(JmsTemplate.java:487)

        at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:428)

        at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.send(JmsTemplate.java:484)

        at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.send(JmsTemplate.java:470)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jms.endpoints.JmsProviderEndpoint.processInOnly(Jm
sProviderEndpoint.java:371)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.endpoints.ProviderEndpoint.process(Provider
Endpoint.java:100)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.doProcess(AsyncBaseLifeC
ycle.java:538)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.processExchange(AsyncBas
eLifeCycle.java:490)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseLifeCycle.onMessageExchange(BaseLifeCyc
le.java:46)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound(D
eliveryChannelImpl.java:610)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.AbstractFlow.doRouting(AbstractFlow.j
ava:172)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaFlow.doRouting(SedaFlow.java
:167)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaQueue$1.run(SedaQueue.java:1
34)

        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
r.java:885)

        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
va:907)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(Transform
erIdentityImpl.java:501)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jaxp.SourceTransformer.toResult(SourceTransfor
mer.java:125)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jaxp.SourceTransformer.toResult(SourceTransfor
mer.java:103)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jaxp.SourceTransformer.toString(SourceTransfor
mer.java:140)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jaxp.SourceTransformer.contentToString(SourceT
ransformer.java:161)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jms.endpoints.DefaultProviderMarshaler.createMessa
ge(DefaultProviderMarshaler.java:52)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jms.endpoints.JmsProviderEndpoint$1.createMessage(
JmsProviderEndpoint.java:352)

        ... 17 more

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.

        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)

        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(Transform
erIdentityImpl.java:484)

        ... 23 more

Richa Khurana| Associate Consultant - Engineering| GlobalLogic Inc.
USA | INDIA | UKRAINE | CHINA
Office: +91.120.406.2681

www.globallogic.com <http://www.globallogic.com/>
InfoWorld Award Winner for Agile Innovation
<http://www.globallogic.com/Media/pressReleaseDetail.asp?press/65>

Disclaimer: http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt
<http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt>

Re: File poller fails on upgrading from JAVA 1.5 to JAVA 1.6

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Means that the content is expected to be XML but it is not.

The content is expected to start with <?xml version="1.0" ... />
as the <? /> is the prolog. So it could be some file -> XML marshal
that fails now.

Beware SUN have added various new XML frameworks in the JDK core 1.6
itself over what is in 1.5 and that can cause
unexpected results as you are facing.

Try google for the content prolog and java 1.5 -> 1.6 upgrade.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/