Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Fabio Aiub Sperotto <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/17 16:51:38 UTC

Licenses: using Jena with other project

Hello guys,

I don't know where send this question. I´m using Jena like a base framework
to my programming library (project is a master dissertation). My library
will be free software. But, can I spread my project under GNU-GPL license
and keeping de jena packages under Apache license?

Will I have conflict licenses? If yes, how cai i spread my work using Jena?
(I'm not modifying Jena, just using your several methods).

(Soon all project will be uploaded in Github)

--
Fabio Aiub Sperotto
Mestrando em Modelagem Computacional

Re: Licenses: using Jena with other project

Posted by Fabio Aiub Sperotto <fa...@gmail.com>.
Andy,

I forgot to mention that my library will use the binaries, the source code
of Jena is not available, but the project home page, a mention of Jena will
be written. My work is derived from Jena.

Very cool your understanding and for me it makes sense that "virus effect".
I think we need to get back to my planning, read very well the Apache
license and probably leave it under the Apache license.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fabio Aiub Sperotto <fa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andy,

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.