Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sarah Haff <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/20 01:17:51 UTC

Re: AW: testing cache - issues with "*" in the source path

Hello Marco,

Thanks for testing the sitemap.xmap. It helped me a
lot.

I think I have figured why the caching is not working
on some of my content.

Some of the source paths that I am using have
non-alpha-numeric (i.e. NON [a-z][0-9]) characters.

e.g. if the source path contain a * then the caching
doesn't work. If I use a path that doesn't have a *,
then caching works.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

I will have to test a little more, before I call it a
bug.

Thanks
Sarah

--- Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de> wrote:
> sarah,
>
> I did a quick test with your sitemap. I had to
> comment out the transformer
> step as I don't have your stylesheet.
>
> a request to the index.html yields following lines
> (among others):

> DEBUG   (2003-12-20) 00:39.51:561   [sitemap]
> (/cocoon/tmp/index.html)

http8080-Processor4/AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline:
> Found cached response
> for 'index.html' using key:

PK_G-file-file:/g:/dev/cvs/cocoon-2.1-HEAD/build/webapp/tmp/index.xml_S-html

users-return-60160-m_rolappe=web.de@cocoon.apache.org

Posted by Sarah Haff <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Marco,

No, I mean something like this:

    <map:generate
src="/home/xml/app/translation/old*files/address.xml"/>

Note there is a "*" in the path . Seems like "*" is
causing the content to be NOT cached.

If there is not "*" in the path, then the caching
seems to work. strange.....

They way our application is designed, we need to have
a "*" in some path names.

Thanks.
Sarah

users-return-60163-m_rolappe=web.de@cocoon.apache.org