Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Arnold Dieter <ar...@siemens.com> on 2002/08/21 15:59:59 UTC

Problem/Instability with DOMConfigurator and several loggers

I try to configure log4j (log4j-1.2.6) with an XML file and the
DOMConfigurator (application running on Tomcat 4, Windows 2000).
When I define several loggers in the file, the initialization works fine,
but I observe failures in the application (ClassCastException,
NoClassDefFoundError) which seem not ot have a direct relation with log4j.
When I am using less loggers, these problems do not occur.
Also,  when I use a normal property file (with PropertyConfigurator) for
configuration, everthing works well.

To me this seems to be a kind of instability or resources problem of log4j.
Has somebody observed similar problems?

Thanks in advance

Dieter