Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> on 2006/07/24 12:39:44 UTC

Merge anim branch back into trunk

I have finished enough of the animation engine that I want to fold it
back into the trunk now.  Everything should be supported except the
animation of attributes whose plain DOM attribute updates wouldn’t have
caused a proper update of the rendering currently anyway (such as
animating gradient element attributes), plus one or two other stray
attributes (such as 'use' elements’ 'xlink:href' attributes).

I have been testing along the way, but haven’t done exhaustive tests
yet.  Hopefully people can start trying it and point out any problems,
as I try to build up a bunch of test cases to stick into regard.

If there’s nothing that has raised an eyebrow about the code I’ve been
committing to the anim branch, I’ll merge the changes in to the trunk
tomorrow.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/

Re: Merge anim branch back into trunk

Posted by Hervé Girod <he...@club-internet.fr>.
That's fantastic news Cameron !! Animation was the only part of the SVG
1.1 specification that Batik didn't implement, am I right ? With SVG 1.2
and the sXBL part, I think there will be no other SVG library capable of
what Batik can do...

Hervé

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Cameron McCormack:
> > I have finished enough of the animation engine that I want to fold it
> > back into the trunk now.

Thomas DeWeese:
>    Does it have any regressions in regard?

*checks*

Yes, I’d better fix those first. :)

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/

Re: Merge anim branch back into trunk

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Cameron,

Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> wrote on 07/24/2006 06:39:44 AM:

> I have finished enough of the animation engine that I want to fold it
> back into the trunk now.

   Does it have any regressions in regard?

> Everything should be supported except the animation of attributes
> whose plain DOM attribute updates wouldn?t have caused a proper
> update of the rendering currently anyway (such as animating gradient
> element attributes),

   I actually did a bunch of work on this and got close to a
fairly clean solution.  I'll see if I can wrap up the work and
check it in (at least in a temp branch).  I suspect it would need
modification to work with the animation engine.

> plus one or two other stray attributes (such
> as 'use' elements? 'xlink:href' attributes).
>
> I have been testing along the way, but haven?t done exhaustive tests
> yet.  Hopefully people can start trying it and point out any problems,
> as I try to build up a bunch of test cases to stick into regard.
>
> If there?s nothing that has raised an eyebrow about the code I?ve been
> committing to the anim branch, I?ll merge the changes in to the trunk
> tomorrow.

   I think this is fine.