Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Robert Ritchy <ro...@jarbo.com> on 2005/10/10 23:36:04 UTC

RMI

I would like to check out the jcr-rmi contribution in jackrabbit. Are
there any 'first steps' documents anywhere for the RMI project?  If not,
I will gladly stumble through it and put up any notes on your wiki.

Thanks for any information.
Robert

Re: RMI

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>.
Hi,

Robert Ritchy wrote:
> I would like to check out the jcr-rmi contribution in jackrabbit. Are
> there any 'first steps' documents anywhere for the RMI project?  If
> not, I will gladly stumble through it and put up any notes on your
> wiki.

See the package javadocs on org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client and
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server. I've tried to document the essentials in the
javadocs. You may also want to take a look at the Deployment Model HOWTOs on
the Jackrabbit web site.

Other than that there's not that much documentation. Any installation
notes and
other comments are very welcome!

BR,

Jukka Zitting