Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Heinz Stüßer <he...@web.de> on 2002/11/28 20:41:34 UTC

[SUBMIT] new task for jaxb

Hi,

the purpose of the new task I have written is to simplify
the usage of Suns JAXB-schema-compiler. At the moment this can
be achieved only with a more complicated combination of several
tasks.
The new task supports both (the deprecated) EA-version and
the (actual) beta-version of JAXB.

Heinz
Immer die neuesten ASCII-Bilder versenden, mit WEB.DE FreeMail ist das
kein Problem fur Sie. http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021170

Re: [SUBMIT] new task for jaxb

Posted by Heinz Stüßer <he...@web.de>.
Hi Steve,

in the moment there's no relation, since I wrote my version of the
jaxb-task without any knowledge of another one.

In principle I think we can merge the two approaches, although they
follow two quite different ideas. DDs version
uses (as far as I see) a CRC-checksum to determine whether a rebuild is
necessary while my version is based on timestamps.

EA-support is of course of less significance, since SUN no longer
supports it - but who knows how many people still want to use it? And
the costs of further supporting it (at least for a while) are quite small.

Heinz

Re: [SUBMIT] new task for jaxb

> the purpose of the new task I have written is to simplify
> the usage of Suns JAXB-schema-compiler. At the moment this can
> be achieved only with a more complicated combination of several
> tasks.
> The new task supports both (the deprecated) EA-version and
> the (actual) beta-version of JAXB.
>
> Heinz

__