Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 05:41:31 UTC

Re: [Axis2] SMS transport for axis2

Hi,

While preparing the proposal I have done some initial experimental work on
the SMPP transport support.

I wrote a experimental InOnly SMPP transport for Axis2 and use it to invoke
a service

Here is what i did.

I wrote  SMPP transpot Listener using the jsmpp suppport .And Used SMSCSim
to Simulate the ShotMessage Service center

Then i used a Message Format of "<ServiceName> : <OprationName> : <Parameter
1>:<Parameter 2>: ....:<Parameter N> "
like format .

So when a SMS comes it Builds the MessageContext using above paprameters and
inject to the AxisEngine

Thank you Sanranga for pointing me to the SMSCSim which is very useful in my
initial testing.

I would like to get more feed back from you regarding how this should be
implemented and and how to iteratively improve and develop this.

following is how the transport receiver was looked like in the Axis2
Configuration

<transportReceiver name="sms"  class="sample.api.smpp.SMPPReceiver">
        <parameter name="host">127.0.0.1</parameter>
        <parameter name="port">2775</parameter>
        <parameter name="systemType">cp</parameter>
        <parameter name="systemId">smppclient1</parameter>
        <parameter name="password">password</parameter>
</transportReceiver>

thank you,
Charith

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Charith Wickramarachchi <
charith.dhanushka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While preparing the proposal I have done some initial experimental work on
> the SMPP transport support.
>
> I wrote a experimental InOnly SMPP transport for Axis2 and use it to invoke
> a service
>
> Here is what i did.
>
> I wrote  SMPP transpot Listener using the jsmpp suppport .And Used SMSCSim
> to Simulate the ShotMessage Service center
>
> Then i used a Message Format of "<ServiceName> : <OprationName> :
> <Parameter 1>:<Parameter 2>: ....:<Parameter N> "
> like format .

Looks good.

Unlike in the other transports this an area we need to consider more. Here
user has to type the SMS message pass through and the response message
should also be understood by the users.

In other transports we can pass an xml payload since it is not exposed to
users. But here it should be meaning full to user specially sending the
response.

thanks,
Amila.

> So when a SMS comes it Builds the MessageContext using above paprameters
> and inject to the AxisEngine
>
> Thank you Sanranga for pointing me to the SMSCSim which is very useful in
> my initial testing.
>
> I would like to get more feed back from you regarding how this should be
> implemented and and how to iteratively improve and develop this.
>
> following is how the transport receiver was looked like in the Axis2
> Configuration
>
> <transportReceiver name="sms"  class="sample.api.smpp.SMPPReceiver">
>         <parameter name="host">127.0.0.1</parameter>
>         <parameter name="port">2775</parameter>
>         <parameter name="systemType">cp</parameter>
>         <parameter name="systemId">smppclient1</parameter>
>         <parameter name="password">password</parameter>
> </transportReceiver>
>

> thank you,
> Charith
>

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Charith Wickramarachchi <
> charith.dhanushka@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apache ServiceMix have given support for SMPP using a SMPP component [1]
>>
>> I think that code[2] will be useful to me as a reference.
>>
>> And i have updated my proposal to the New Apache Proposal format It can be
>> found at
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/charith/gsoc2009/axis2transportProposal
>>

>> your feedback in this is highly appreciated.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Charith
>>
>> [1] http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-smpp.html
>>
>> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components/bindings/servicemix-smpp
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Saliya Ekanayake <sa...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Charith,
>>>
>>> Have a look at [1] for a sample scenario with SMS and [2] for some
>>> insight into sending SMS based on XML. IMHO I guess it would be nice to have
>>> application level reliability in the case of notifying a user on an event.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://www.pymma.com/eng/content/download/620/3501/file/Soap%20Header%20management%20with%20JBI%20and%20Open%20ESB.pdf
>>>
>>> [2] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipsms1.html
>>>
>>> Thanks,