Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Franck Lefebure <fl...@orange.gp> on 2003/05/28 23:09:44 UTC

RequestProcessor in Struts1.1RC1

Hi,
I've written this Requestprocessor subclass :

-----------------------------------

public class LogRequestProcessor extends RequestProcessor{

    /** Creates a new instance of LogRequestProcessor */
    public LogRequestProcessor() {
        System.out.println("Instantiation du processor");
    }

    public boolean processPreprocess(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) {
        System.out.println("Dans processPreprocess");
        try {
            Session sqlSession = SqlSession.connect();
            WapLog wapLog = new WapLog();
            wapLog.setRemoteAddr(request.getRemoteAddr());
            wapLog.setRemoteHost(request.getRemoteHost());
            wapLog.setQueryString(request.getQueryString());
            wapLog.setRequestUrl(request.getRequestURI());
            wapLog.setUserName(request.getHeader("X-Nokia-MSISDN"));
            wapLog.setSessionId(request.getSession().getId());
            sqlSession.save(wapLog);
            sqlSession.flush();
            sqlSession.close();
        } catch (Exception e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace(System.out);
        }
        return true;
    }
}

---------------------
Seems ok ?
In struts-config.xml  I've put after </action-mappings> :
<controller
processorClass='com.orange.struts.processors.LogRequestProcessor'/>

Always ok ?

But nothing happens ?
Where am'I wrong ?

Thanks a lot

--
Franck Lefebure

Re: RequestProcessor in Struts1.1RC1

Posted by Tin Pham <tt...@learn.senecac.on.ca>.
Hi,

1. Did you change your deployment descriptor, web.xml to register the
Servlet?
2.
<controller
processorClass='com.orange.struts.processors.LogRequestProcessor'/>
I don't think it make a difference, but I think you should be using double
quotes.

Everything else looks fine to me.

3.
Are you using Tiles? If so you have to extend the tiles requestProcessor.

Posted by Tin Pham <tt...@learn.senecac.on.ca>.
Oops, you don't need to be modifying the web.xml.. For some reason I thought
you were extending the ActionServlet.

Sorry about that.