Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ranx <br...@mediadriver.com> on 2016/02/15 20:35:21 UTC

CamelBlueprintTestSupport version

I believe Quinn mentioned that a new snapshot version of CBTS is out that
fixes a race problem.  I'm getting errors in 2.15 that definitely have the
smell of a threading problem.  Most of the time my tests run fine but then,
every once in awhile, it will just hang when I go to call getOSGiService.
If I re-run the build immediately it will usually pass.

This isn't a timeout issue as I can jack that up to whatever number I want
and the tests will either pass with flying colors or it'll just hit one that
hangs every now and again.  I can't reliably replicate the behavior and
that's why I think it has the smell of a thread race/deadlock.

Re: CamelBlueprintTestSupport version

Posted by Ranx <br...@mediadriver.com>.
Overall I like the design of CBTS.  I like the veracity of Pax Exam but don't
care for all the moving parts.  I'm sure it would be quite a headache to
fork CBTS and replace PojoSR with Karaf but to me that would be the best of
both worlds.

By definition any Camel testing is really integration testing, they are
rarely unit tests in any meaningful sense.  With all the configuration
issues, classloader issues, etc. it makes it tough to test and deploy the
same code.  I end up debugging CBTS tests a lot and then find out that
something doesn't work right in deployment anyway.

Personally I'm willing to live with slower running tests if I get more
veracity from them.

Re: CamelBlueprintTestSupport version

Posted by Ranx <br...@mediadriver.com>.
Wow! That's spectacular work.  Well done sir.

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello