Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/20 22:29:09 UTC

Saving Project history and update dependencies: GoogleCode will close

Hi,

this is slightly offtopic, still might concern us: GoogleCode will close,
with officially final close date by January 2016. (See:
http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/13/google-kills-off-google-code/).

In order to save the project history beyond that date I have created "
https://github.com/openmeetings", however I will add the same remarks that
we moved to the ASF. I think what is actually more important then the
source code is the wiki pages, that had some interesting stuff. I am going
to do some import from GoogleCode. However tha might take some time as the
automated importer/exporter tools from Github/GoogleCode all crash because
of the project size.

However: Do we have any other 3rd party or code library that currently
relies on GoogleCode? I think some of the Unit tests download a backup file
from a GoogleCode project to test the importer. We probably have to move
those files too within the next 6 months.

Any other dependencies? I think red5 builds/projects are already pointing
at Github, so no big change here.

Thanks,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: Saving Project history and update dependencies: GoogleCode will close

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebastian,

we will definitely move all necessary dependencies to some hosting (the
best candidate right now is our demo server)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax