Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by satish viswanatham <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/04 03:18:24 UTC

Is there a way to set DF bit in the IP packet?

Hi

I quickly looked through the MINA APIs (mainly 1.x).  I could not find a way
to set DF (do not fragment) bit.

DatagramSessionConfig does not seem to have a method for this? Is that
possible in MINA?

Basically I need a Java UDP server can tell the client the maximum MTU in
both directions.

thanks
Satish

Re: Is there a way to set DF bit in the IP packet?

Posted by satish viswanatham <sa...@gmail.com>.
I found another library in Java -

http://jswrench.sourceforge.net/

thanks
Satish

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 8/7/07, satish viswanatham <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure. I can take a look at it. Is there any documentation or sample
> Transport implementation?

Unfortunately, there's no documentation on implementing a new
transport yet.  You could take a look into an existing transport
implementations.

There are three implementations: NIO UDP, NIO TCP, and serial port
communication.  You could start from NIO UDP or serial port
communication transport implementation because they are quite simple.
And please take advantage from this mailing list.  We will give you
the answers for your questions asap.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: Is there a way to set DF bit in the IP packet?

Posted by satish viswanatham <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by satish viswanatham <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.