Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Avenante <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/01 21:31:43 UTC

[T5] Any component Bis

Hi,

The Any component is gone and now

is now just:

but is it possible since it's gone to add a mixin to and element like

When I try this case tapestry throw me this error :

You may not specify mixins for element <div> because it does not
represent a component (which requires either an id attribute or a type
attribute)

Ok so a :

Embedded component 'subLayout' has no type. You should specify a type
in the component template, or define the component inside class ....

Any solution ?

Thanks.

Re: [T5] Any component Bis

Posted by David Avenante <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes thank you Nick.

I've create my own Any component from T5 5.0.3 sources ;)

Regards

Re: [T5] Any component Bis

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
May as well use the original. I've put it here:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5AnyComponent

Please update or add examples of its use.
I think Any was prematurely deprecated.

Cheers,
Nick.

Re: [T5] Any component Bis

Posted by David Avenante <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [T5] Any component Bis

Posted by Evan Rawson - Work <er...@americanadtrader.com>.
after some more research it seems that mixins have to be applied to a
specific component type of specific instance of a component type. i dont
think you can mixin for generics. i think a component minus a template is
more what your looking for.

~evan