Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by pa...@apache.org on 2021/04/01 08:44:31 UTC

RE: [DISCUSS] Marvin tests interaction

I've got 6 cents to offer here;

2c - It could be good to add @peter's style of tests and indeed those
specific tests into the testing regime.

2c - Every new test is being added to the 'smoke test' pile.  Really, the
smoke tests 'scope' should be clearly (re)defined, and anything that doesn't
fit moved out to a 'more in-depth tests' set.
       I'd have a third category for 'external integration tests', ie Veeam,
SolidFire, Juniper SRX, DPDK - anything that is going to need some kind of
additional setup/hardware.

2c - The existing 'component tests' set needs a whole load of love.

Kind regards

Paul Angus