Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/01/15 08:28:15 UTC

Re: svn commit: r124693 -

Hi Niclas:

Thanks for the answer Niclas! It helped.

I was thinking about our users (as community) too. The use-case cited by
you could be a real situation for someone else.

I understood that serialVersionUID is not a performance improvement.
Because JVM caches the autogenerated serialVersionUID after computing it
the first time.

The read/write Object () could help us. And this should be something
important for us.

All in all, I think I will revert the changes to avoid more overhead about
this topic. Maybe in the next months, we could find out better
understanding of this and how affect cocoon after all.

I will start to revert the changes now, it is just few lines of code away.
;-)

Thanks for the comments.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo