Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/31 22:36:07 UTC

Project stuck in release stage and won't build

I have a project that refuses to build because it says
org.apache.maven.continuum.ContinuumException: Cannot build project
group. Project (id=473) in group is currently in release stage.

Just searching for the message text, this feature appears to have been
introduced in r733001 on the parallel builds branch and then later
merged to trunk.

What does it mean to be "in the release stage"?  I tried deleting the
working copies, hoping it was looking for the presence of the
release.properties file, but that didn't seem to help.

Nothing turned up in a search of the 1.3.6 docs:
http://www.google.com/search?q=release+stage+site:continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.6

How do I get the project *out* of the release stage so I can build it
and try the release again?

Wendy

Re: Project stuck in release stage and won't build

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *if* you are running on top of a usable database - I'd look into the PROJECT
> and CONTINUUMRELEASERESULT tables and see what state they have set for that

Well... if I have to go poking around in the database then I contend
that there's a bug.  Continuum should not get itself into states that
it can't get out of.  I think there's already an issue about
implementing release:clean, perhaps resetting this state could be part
of that. -Wendy

Re: Project stuck in release stage and won't build

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.
*if* you are running on top of a usable database - I'd look into the PROJECT
and CONTINUUMRELEASERESULT tables and see what state they have set for that
ID.  Then check the SVN repository to see if the tags exist or it failed to
be able to create the SVN entries correctly.

We have seen strange errors/failures when the SVN folders couldn't be
created/updated by the release - it would hang, and subsequent attempts
would fail.

Louis

--
Dr. Louis Smith, ThD