Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com> on 2009/09/04 09:04:08 UTC

svnsync not syncing repo-content

Hi,

we mirror a bunch of repos using svnsync 1.5.2 - remote SVN is 1.6.3

All repos are reported by svnsync to be mirrored fine, like

Revision xx übertragen.
Eigenschaften für Revision xx kopiert.
(german)

However, some mirroed repos have the following status:
- revision number is the same like on the master repo
- content for each revision is EMPTY

I repeated the sync-process several times from scratch (deleting the repo,
createing new one, svn init, svn sync) - all the time the same result for
those particular repos.

I copied hooks/pre-revprop-change.tmpl to hooks/pre-revprop-change.

The init command is as follow:
svnsync --source-username svnsync --source-password xxx --sync-username
svnsync --sync-password xxx --non-interactive init svn://localhost/commons
svn://svn/commons

The sync command looks like this:
svnsync --source-username svnsync --source-password xxx --sync-username
svnsync --sync-password xxx --non-interactive init svn://localhost/commons
svn://svn/commons

Anybody having an idea what is going wrong here?
Especially I wonder why svsync reports correct operation - while it is not
transfering the contents of the repo. Is svnsync a crap ?

Re: svnsync not syncing repo-content

Posted by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com>.
my fault ... it was simply a permission conflict.

However, I persist in my notion that the svn-command should report a warning
message stating that the permissions are not sufficient to see the contents
of the logs.

Posted by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com>.

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.