Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mumbai <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/12 03:02:26 UTC

How can I access clob using esql. Gives error java.lang.AbstractMethodError

import java.lang.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.sql.CallableStatement;
import oracle.jdbc.driver.*;
public class FirstThinDr {
  public static void main (String args []) throws SQLException
  {
        String s = null;
        DriverManager.registerDriver (new
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
        Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:oracle:thin:@bbbbbbb:", "dododo", "sososo");
                             // @machineName:port:SID,   userid,
password

        ResultSet rset = stmt.executeQuery("select received_from,text
from carmen_email_alert where id = 5483");
        //if (rset.next()) {
         System.out.println("I am in");
         while (rset.next()){
----->               t = rset.getClob(2);
               int y = (int) t.length();
               System.out.Println (rset.getString("received_from"));
               System.out.println ("The length is" + y);
         }// Print col 1
         stmt.close();

        //}
  }
}

This prog. Gives error  java.lang.AbstractMethodError at -----> (pl. go
to the prog.) What could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance
chinmay

Re: How can I access clob using esql. Gives error java.lang.AbstractMethodError

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Mumbai wrote:

> import java.lang.*;
> import java.sql.*;
> import java.sql.CallableStatement;
> import oracle.jdbc.driver.*;
> public class FirstThinDr {
>   public static void main (String args []) throws SQLException
>   {
>         String s = null;
>         DriverManager.registerDriver (new
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
>         Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
> ("jdbc:oracle:thin:@bbbbbbb:", "dododo", "sososo");
>                              // @machineName:port:SID,   userid,
> password
>
>         Statement stmt = conn.createStatement();
>         ResultSet rset = stmt.executeQuery("select received_from,text
> from carmen_email_alert where id = 5483");
>         //if (rset.next()) {
>          System.out.println("I am in");
>          while (rset.next()){
> ----->               t = rset.getClob(2);
>                int y = (int) t.length();
>                System.out.Println (rset.getString("received_from"));
>                System.out.println ("The length is" + y);
>          }// Print col 1
>          stmt.close();
>
>         //}
>   }
> }
>
> This prog. Gives error  java.lang.AbstractMethodError at -----> (pl. go
> to the prog.) What could be the problem ?

this program doesn't have anything to do with c2 or esql. i would ask on
an oracle jdbc list if you want help debugging this program.

- donald