Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net> on 2008/11/06 22:26:14 UTC

PDF Page Does not Display When Using a New IE Browser Session

Hi All,

I have created a 'mini-wizard' using Wicket that consists of 2 forms.
It's a little unusual in that the 2 forms are PDFs displayed in Adobe
Reader.
The general flow is as follows:

1) User enters a URL to Page 1 -- this page inherits from WebPage and is
mounted.
2) Page 1 sets the RequestTarget on the RequestCycle, using an
implementation
   of IRequestTarget -- this implementation responds with a PDF form via
   the RequestCycle's WebResponse.
3) The user clicks on a submit button displayed on the PDF form -- this
button
   submits to a mounted URL that goes to Page 2.
4) Page 2 sets the RequestTarget on the RequestCycle, using an
implementation
   of IRequestTarget -- this implementation responds with a PDF form via
   the RequestCycle's WebResponse.

This flow works fine when using FireFox 3.0.3. However, there is a problem
when
using IE 6 & 7. In this case, when a new browser has just been opened then
I get the "The page cannot be displayed" IE page. If I refresh the page then
the Page 1 PDF is shown correctly.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: PDF Page Does not Display When Using a New IE Browser Session

Posted by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net>.
Oops, forgot to mention that I'm using Wicket v1.3.5.