Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Stefan Koch <st...@boun.edu.tr> on 2014/09/27 12:37:41 UTC

Open Source Survey...

Hi,

I know you probably get a lot of these, but I have been doing a lot of
research on free / open source (you can check it up on Google Scholar),
and we are doing a survey on free/open source developers who also work
professionally, it would be a great help if you could forward it to some
people within Apache projects. I have copied the text and link below...

Thanks a lot,

best,

Stefan

---------------------------------------

Dear developer,

we are conducting an academic research project on free / open source
projects at Bogazici University of Department, funded by Bogazici
University Scientific Funds, in cooperation with Warwick University. The
project aims to learn more about the motivations and conflicts of free /
open source contributors. In line with this purpose, this survey is
intended for participants who work on free / open source projects  while
they also work professionally (or did both at the same time in the
recent past).

We would appreciate your participation in the survey, which takes about
10-15 minutes to fill, as your contribution will provide very important
insight into our understanding of free / open source contributors. The
link of the survey is:

https://wbs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6tbV8UzaqsGYIAd

Your participation in the survey is completely voluntary. The results
will be used for academic purposes only and confidentiality of all
results and participants are ensured.

If you'd like to receive more information about the research project,
please contact:

Stefan Koch - stefan.koch@boun.edu.tr
Secil Bayraktar Kazozcu- secil.bayraktar@boun.edu.tr
Yasin Rofcanin- phd13yr@mail.wbs.ac.uk