Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anson Zeall <ze...@bigpond.net.au> on 2003/09/12 16:17:08 UTC

Embedding JSP code in a JS file

HI,

    I want to know if anyone knows how to embed JSP code in JS files? 'cause
I want to use encodeURL inside the JS file....somehow.

Regards,

Anson

RE: Embedding JSP code in a JS file

Posted by Anson Zeall <ze...@bigpond.net.au>.
'cause problem right now is......I tried dumping the js file code...into
my jsp file......and put in the encodeURL.....and when I click on the
click via the browser....it says my redirect for the URL has exceeded.
Dunno what that means..

Anson

Rename the js file to jsp then update your link to pull in the jsp file
accordingly. (You may have to do a mime-type set too)

-Tim

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
For example:
In the html:
=============
<head>
<link href="javascript/cowbell.jsp" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

In javascript/cowbell.jsp (possibly)
<%@ page contentType="application/x-javascript"%>

-Tim