Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Zhang, Larry (L.)" <lz...@ford.com> on 2004/07/07 20:58:42 UTC

Session facade

 It seems session facade design pattern is becoming ubiquitous. My question is that
 if we are not going to use EJB(but we do have DAO-data access object), does it still make sense to use session facade?

Thanks.

Re: Session facade

Posted by Lucas Gonzalez Pearson <lu...@convergia.com.ar>.
Zhang,
It depends on what you want.

Using session facade gives your architecture forward compatibility towards
EJB technologies and maybe new technologies that might come in ...
the overhead of using this pattern isnĀ“t that important and you will have a
clearer separation of areas...

Regards,
Lucas

 It seems session facade design pattern is becoming ubiquitous. My question
is that
 if we are not going to use EJB(but we do have DAO-data access object), does
it still make sense to use session facade?

Thanks.

OT: Re: Session facade

Posted by DG...@EvergreenInvestments.com.
Maybe.

"Zhang, Larry \(L.\)" <lz...@ford.com>
07/07/2004 02:58 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject

Re: Session facade

Posted by klute <so...@yahoo.com>.
It will make sense. You'd let the j2ee container take
care of managing dao manager instances and you'll get
transaction support (if you need it). Plus, if you
decide to move your persistence layer to another
server it will be nicely packaged within the .ear that
contains your ejb session facade.

Best,
James

---