Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org> on 2020/06/12 16:59:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] Cordova OSX Major Release 6.0.0

Does anyone have any reason to delay a cordova-osx platform release?
Any outstanding patches to land?

If not, I will start the release soon after checking the remaining PRs.
We should get the platforms ready for the new Cordova CLI release and
NodeJS version deprecations.

Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova OSX Major Release 6.0.0

Posted by Darryl Pogue <dv...@gmail.com>.
I think the best path forward for Cordova apps on macOS is either
through cordova-ios with Catalyst, or through cordova-electron.

Most plugins don't support the osx platform, but do have
implementations for iOS, so Catalyst is probably the best choice from
an ecosystem perspective for most people. It will also come pretty
close to guaranteeing support for the new Apple Silicon platform.

IMO once we have support for Catalyst in cordova-ios, we should look
to deprecate cordova-osx.

~Darryl

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.