Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Erik J. Thomas" <er...@linqto.com> on 2018/01/19 16:50:36 UTC

How to programmatically dismiss a preloader splashScreenImage

Hey all:

I'm using Application.splashScreenImage (it's a preloader) in my Flex mobile application which preloads a splash screen that needs to display until my app is finished loading data which varies due to device cpu, internet connection bandwidth, etc.

I need to discover a way to programmatically dismiss the splash screen before the 7 seconds expires if on a fast phone with a fast connection. Anyone know how I can do that? I've looked at all the APIs on the Application.splashScreenImage data member and cannot find a way though I've tried quite a few things.

Thanks!

Erik

<s:Application
   splashScreenImage="com.linqto.keiretsu.preloader.LaunchScreen"
   splashScreenScaleMode="zoom"
   splashScreenMinimumDisplayTime="7000"

Re: How to programmatically dismiss a preloader splashScreenImage

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
You could make the first state of your app the same as the splash
screen, and then advance to the first 'real' view once the data is done ?

Tom

Posted by "Erik J. Thomas" <er...@linqto.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "Erik J. Thomas" <er...@linqto.com>.
And yeah, before everyone reminds me that a downloading speed is not determined by how fast a phone is, yes, I understand that. LOL

I should have used bandwidth as the example, so phone 1 has dialog up speed, and phone 2 has Gigabit connection. I want the splash to stay up for a minimum of 2 seconds but long enough that the app is initialized with all the data it needs which might take as long as 7 or 8 seconds.

I can show a splash in the app itself once added to the stage, but the time it takes to load AIR runtime and 5 ANEs means the screen is blank for too long. The preloader splash solves that problem pretty well, but I still need a way to dismiss the splash when the app is ready to show the first view.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am reading up on custom preloaders and might be able to fire an event from the app the preloader listens for, but there must be a simpler way.

Erik

Posted by "Erik J. Thomas" <er...@linqto.com>.
Hey Alex:

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.