Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Elliott Bradshaw <eb...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/17 03:41:18 UTC

Document Ordering

Hi,

I'm interested in using Lucene to index binary objects with a specific
document order, such that documents with the same key will be adjacent in
the indexes.  This would be done with the intent to maximize the use of the
FS cache, since adjacent documents are more likely to be accessed
together.  I realize that the document number is typically internal to
Lucene, but is it possible to customize this ordering based on say the ID
of the document?

Just curious.  Thanks.

Re: Document Ordering

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.