Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Pierre Parrend <pi...@insa-lyon.fr> on 2007/07/13 11:33:39 UTC

a patch to support execution of Felix with Java Permissions ?

 Hello all,

 I have made a little patch to enable the execution of Felix with Java
permissions - needed are a java.policy file, and suitable URL handlers for the
'file:' and 'http:' protocols.

 Let me know if this can be useful. Is there an open jira issue for this ? I
have not found one.

 regards,

Pierre

--
Pierre Parrend
doctorant, moniteur

Re: a patch to support execution of Felix with Java Permissions ?

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pierre,

Felix doesn't really support permissions at the moment. That is why I
removed the initial support for what you are describing again. I plan
to address this issue as soon as possible together with the signing
stuff. Again, please wait a little until we have the release done.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: a patch to support execution of Felix with Java Permissions ?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Pierre Parrend wrote:
>  Hello all,
>
>  I have made a little patch to enable the execution of Felix with Java
> permissions - needed are a java.policy file, and suitable URL handlers for the
> 'file:' and 'http:' protocols.
>
>  Let me know if this can be useful. Is there an open jira issue for this ? I
> have not found one.

Feel free to just attach what you have to the security JIRA issue...it
never hurts to see different implementations for the same thing, since
it helps you think of ways to improve the approach.

-> richard