Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/16 17:27:56 UTC

Haven't seen your POST? Please re-post...

Greetings fellow *.apache.org cats,

As you may've noticed, many of the *.apache.org lists were receiving a
barrage of messages. The SPAM system has been updated to alleviate the
problem, but some posts may have been lost in the shuffle.

Does it make sense to send out some sort of message indicating:

   "If you haven't seen your POST show up in a timely manner,
   please RE-POST your message."

If so, to whom should it go? fop-users? batik-users?
*@xmlgraphics.apache.org?

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: Haven't seen your POST? Please re-post...

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
Heh... and I thought Mac users were immune from viruses... ;-)

On May 17, 2005, at 11:21 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Turns out it was due to the new Sober variant flooding the net with
> propaganda, thus creating a kind of denial of service attack because
> the
> filters got very very busy.
>
> On 17.05.2005 16:50:16 The Web Maestro wrote:
>> On May 16, 2005, at 1:09 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>> Huh? So far, I don't miss any posts though it may currently take
>>> several
>>> hours until the posts show up. Actually, your message indicates
>>> having
>>> been sent 17:27 (my local time). It has just shown up (22:08).
>>>
>>> Jeremias Maerki
>>
>> Louis had sent me a msg indicating he didn't see postings fop-users@
>> over an extended period of time (between 5/12 & 5/16). He posted also,
>> and didn't see it (nor did I). It's certainly possible that it was
>> merely a delay, but I don't see any fop-users@ posts.
>>
>> Anyway, I sent my msg to general@ because I thought I'd ask for
>> consensus (and see if batik-* had problems as well) *before* I send
>> out
>> that type of msg. If you don't think it's warranted, then that's fine
>> with me.
>
> Jeremias Maerki

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Turns out it was due to the new Sober variant flooding the net with
propaganda, thus creating a kind of denial of service attack because the
filters got very very busy.

On 17.05.2005 16:50:16 The Web Maestro wrote:
> On May 16, 2005, at 1:09 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Huh? So far, I don't miss any posts though it may currently take
> > several
> > hours until the posts show up. Actually, your message indicates having
> > been sent 17:27 (my local time). It has just shown up (22:08).
> >
> > Jeremias Maerki
>
> Louis had sent me a msg indicating he didn't see postings fop-users@
> over an extended period of time (between 5/12 & 5/16). He posted also,
> and didn't see it (nor did I). It's certainly possible that it was
> merely a delay, but I don't see any fop-users@ posts.
>
> Anyway, I sent my msg to general@ because I thought I'd ask for
> consensus (and see if batik-* had problems as well) *before* I send out
> that type of msg. If you don't think it's warranted, then that's fine
> with me.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Haven't seen your POST? Please re-post...

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 16.05.2005 17:27:56 The Web Maestro wrote:
> Greetings fellow *.apache.org cats,
>
> As you may've noticed, many of the *.apache.org lists were receiving a
> barrage of messages. The SPAM system has been updated to alleviate the
> problem, but some posts may have been lost in the shuffle.
>
> Does it make sense to send out some sort of message indicating:
>
>    "If you haven't seen your POST show up in a timely manner,
>    please RE-POST your message."
>
> If so, to whom should it go? fop-users? batik-users?
> *@xmlgraphics.apache.org?

Jeremias Maerki