Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by SAI3292 <p....@gmail.com> on 2016/09/10 04:46:56 UTC

war file are not getting refreshed using karaf features

I am using karaf features to install a set of related bundles into  karaf .
The feature has normal bundles and 1 war bundle, and the definition of the
feature is as below.

<feature name="RNA_Admin_App" version="1.0.0">
          <feature dependency="true">RNA_Core</feature>
          <feature dependency="true">RNA_Refnet_Proxy</feature>
          <bundle dependency="true">mvn:org.json/json/20160212
          </bundle>

<bundle>mvn:com.globalhealth.referralnet.agent/rna-admin-servlets/1.0.1-SNAPSHOT</bundle>

<bundle>mvn:com.globalhealth.referralnet.agent/rna-admin-services/1.0.1-SNAPSHOT</bundle>

<bundle>mvn:com.globalhealth.referralnet.agent/rna-admin-client/1.0.1-SNAPSHOT/war</bundle>
<feature>

When an upgraded version of the bundles are published ,  we do a
feature:repo-refresh and install  the feature again

    if there are changes in a normal bundle , the changes are installed on
the local m/c and the effects of the change are then visible during
execution of the bundle
    if there are changes in web bundle(war files), the changes are not
installed on the local m/c when a previous version is already present -
unless we uninstall the previous version

In the above case the bundles are all in snapshot version, so the version
number is not incremented for the upgrade. Is it possible to have the war
file also updated in this scenario by any other means?  Also if we were to
use this in production - with versions being incremented for every change,
would this approach work ?