Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca> on 2006/01/19 15:49:38 UTC

[Axis2] - Minimum jars required for client to run

I think it would be useful to publish what the minimum set of jars are required
for ws client based on axis 2 to run.

Right now, I am figuring it out by trial and error by removing jars from the
classpath one at a time.

thx,
aaron

Re: [Axis2-0.94] AxisFault: Raw Xml provider

Posted by Rubén Naranjo Izquierdo <rn...@alumnos.upm.es>.
   I'm still making tests and I can't come to a solution. This same wsdl
worked perfectly in Axis2-0.93. I attach a simplified version of the WSDL and
XSD files with which I get the exception explained below.

   Could somebody please, try the service that my WSDL generates? Thank you in
advance,

     Rubén.

Posted by Rubén Naranjo Izquierdo <rn...@alumnos.upm.es>.

Posted by Rubén Naranjo Izquierdo <rn...@alumnos.upm.es>.

Re: [Axis2] - Minimum jars required for client to run

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Aaron Evans wrote:

> Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka <at> opensource.lk> writes:
>

>> For Axis2 to run with minimal configuration, it should have
>> common, xml, core and wsdl modules around. The min distribution
>> contains only those. We packed the dependant jars for those
>> modules with the min bin distribution. So the lib folder of the
>> minimal distro should contain the minimal set of jars.
>>

> Actually the min 0.94 distribution contains things like
> servletapi-2.3.jar and maven-itest-plugin-1.0.jar, definitely not
> needed for a client to run.

hmm, servlet api jar is for those using AxisServlet.

> In my case, my client can run with only the following jars:
>
> axis-wsdl4j-1.2.jar axis2-adb-0.94.jar axis2-core-0.94.jar
> commons-codec-1.3.jar commons-httpclient-3.0.jar
> commons-logging-1.0.4.jar geronimo-spec-jms-1.1-rc4
> log4j-1.2.12.jar stax-api-1.0.jar ws-policy-SNAPSHOT.jar
> wstx-asl-2.8.1.jar
>
> BUT, it should be noted that: 1. I am using ADB for data binding,
> so that is why I wouldn't need xbeans.

and that's why it is not included ;-)

> 2. I am using JDK 1.5, so that is why I don't need xerces, etc. 3.
> I have *not* tried any asynch client calls.

it will not require additional jars.

> But, I'm wondering if I am losing performance by not including
> axis2-doom, jaxen, etc. Is this the case?

axis2-doom is required if you want a DOM api, which u don't require
till u need wss4j or saaj support.
jaxen is to provide xpath support for axiom.

- -- Chinthaka

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.