Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by za...@canada.com on 2003/05/26 09:53:17 UTC

first post! help with getAttributeValue

hello,

I'm attempting to learn SOAP and I am reading code for the ArraySerializer.

In the unmarshal method, a call is made to getAttributeValue(...), I am a little
confused of why "array item" is used as the third parameter (elDesc)...
shouldn't it read "item"?

also in the getNewArray() method of the Serializer, the same thing happens.
This time though "array" is used.  Shouldn't this be "Array"?

Can anyone give me an explanation of what the (elDesc) parameter is used for?

thanks

Zameer

Re: first post! help with getAttributeValue

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
elDesc is used in creating the text for an exception, nothing more.

On 26 May 2003 at 0:53, zameericle@canada.com wrote:

> hello,
>
> I'm attempting to learn SOAP and I am reading code for the ArraySerializer.
>
> In the unmarshal method, a call is made to getAttributeValue(...), I am a little
> confused of why "array item" is used as the third parameter (elDesc)...
> shouldn't it read "item"?
>
> also in the getNewArray() method of the Serializer, the same thing happens.
> This time though "array" is used.  Shouldn't this be "Array"?
>
> Can anyone give me an explanation of what the (elDesc) parameter is used for?
>
> thanks
>
> Zameer

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.