Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/18 17:44:35 UTC

Re: repost: dbcp: InstanceKeyDataSourcegetConnection, exception duri ng setup Defaults()

Oliver,

Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the delayed response.  It
would be best to open a JIRA ticket for this issue so we do not lose
track of it.  If you don't mind doing that, you can enter issues
against commons dbcp by following the "bug report" link on this page:
http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/issue-tracking.html

You can submit a patch with the bug report, using the "attach file"
link on the issue entry page. The instructions for making patches are
here:
http://commons.apache.org/patches.html

Thanks again for the feedback.  This looks like a bug to me and your
suggested change looks reasonable.  As a workaround, if you have not
already done so, you could try setting the testOnBorrow property to
true.  That should cause the exception to be thrown earlier and the
bad connection to be removed from the pool.

Phil