Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com> on 2014/11/15 02:12:44 UTC

[Grouping][enhancing event definition] - group definition, groupId - adding group definition, instance Id to instance events

In the grouping specification we also discussed adding a group definition and a group id to the instance events (InstanceActivatedEvent, InstanceMaintenanceModeEvent, InstanceReadyToShutdownEvent, InstanceStartedEvent).
The group definition would identify something like the group type (=== alias ?) and the group id would allow to identify a group instance (of a specific group definition / type).

Examples: ,
+ scaling up multiple instances of a group, same group definition but different group instance ids
+ A dependency becomes faulty which would for example require termination of all dependents in the group (and subsequent groups if nested). Restoring the dependencies would also recreate a new group of the same definition
but with new instance id (and subsequently the same would be the case for nested groups).

WDYT ?

Thanks

Martin

RE: [Grouping][enhancing event definition] - group definition, groupId - adding group definition, instance Id to instance events

Posted by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com>.
Just noticed I was looking at the wrong event type, instead of Instance...Event we need to populate the Member...Events with groupId, applicationId etc .... The events already have the fields defined but they aren't populated yet, I'll look into it

Thanks

Martin

group type == group.name and group instance id == group.alias

Thanks

Martin

Posted by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com>.
Actually I think