Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mark Phipps <ma...@sucfin.com> on 2018/08/28 16:57:14 UTC

Configurable autoupdate site url in maven platform app

Hi all,

I am building a multi-branded nb platform application with maven and I
want to parameterize the location of my auto update site, but I cannot
find a way to get the check-for-updates mechanism to work, unless I have
the autoupdate url hard coded in the branding module's layer.xml file as
below:

  <folder name="Services">
         <folder name="AutoupdateType">
             <file name="update_center.instance">
                 <attr name="displayName" stringvalue="Update Center"/>
                 <attr name="enabled" boolvalue="true"/>
                 <attr name="instanceCreate"
methodvalue="org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.AutoupdateCatalogFactory.createUpdateProvider"/>
                 <attr name="instanceOf"
stringvalue="org.netbeans.spi.autoupdate.UpdateProvider"/>
*               <attr name="url"
urlvalue="http://starinternal/twinkledev/updates.xml"/>*
             </file>
         </folder>
     </folder>

Is there another way of setting this attribute? I have tried different
combinations of nbm maven plugin parameters like distributionUrl and
distBase, but once the application is installed and running,  it won't
do the check-for-updates unless it was built originally with the url
specified in the layer.xml.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/sucden-financial-limited>

www.sucdenfinancial.com

Sucden Financial Limited, Plantation Place South, 60 Great Tower Street, London EC3R 5AZ
Telephone +44 203 207 5000

Registered in England no. 1095841
VAT registration no. GB 446 9061 33

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and entered in the FCA register under no. 114239

This email, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify postmaster@sucfin.com immediately and delete it from your computer system.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and its attachments are virus-free, but you should check.

Sucden Financial Limited may monitor traffic data of both business and personal emails. By replying to this email, you consent to Sucden Financial 's monitoring
the content of any emails you send to or receive from Sucden Financial . Sucden Financial is not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a
non-business email.

The contents of this e-mail do not constitute advice and should not be regarded as a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise deal with any particular investment.
Where any trade ideas are made by an employee of Sucden Financial in an electronic communication, these are made incidentally to your dealing relationship with
us and are provided solely to enable you to make your own investment decisions and do not amount to advice. Please note that the employee may have had many, varied
trade ideas over the past 12 months, including contrary ideas. Any trade ideas are solely based on the employee’s market knowledge and experience and may not be
tailored to your specific circumstances or investment objectives. Please contact the employee who made the trade idea if you would like to see any of his/her trade
ideas made in the previous 12 months for comparative purposes. Please visit our website to view our full risk warnings and disclaimers: www.sucdenfinancial.com.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.

Re: Configurable autoupdate site url in maven platform app

Posted by Mark Phipps <ma...@sucfin.com>.
After much head-scratching, searching and attempts at implementing my
own UpdateProvider, I eventually came across
org.netbeans.api.autoupdate.UpdateUnitProviderFactory class which does
the necessary work to subscribe to a new update centre, the URL of which
can be parameterized as I need.

On 2018/08/28 16:57:14, Mark Phipps <m....@sucfin.com> wrote:
> [...]

an electronic communication, these are made incidentally to your dealing
relationship with >
 > us and are provided solely to enable you to make your own investment
decisions and do not amount to advice. Please note that the employee may
have had many, varied >
 > trade ideas over the past 12 months, including contrary ideas. Any
trade ideas are solely based on the employee’s market knowledge and
experience and may not be >
 > tailored to your specific circumstances or investment objectives.
Please contact the employee who made the trade idea if you would like to
see any of his/her trade >
 > ideas made in the previous 12 months for comparative purposes. Please
visit our website to view our full risk warnings and disclaimers:
www.sucdenfinancial.com. >

 > This message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.>

*Mark Phipps |***Front Office Development Manager
*Sucden Financial Limited |*Plantation Place South***|***60 Great Tower
Street***| *London EC3R 5AZ

*Telephone (DDI): *+44 (0)20 3207 5140* | Switchboard:***+44 (0)20 3207 5000
*Email: *mark.phipps@sucfin.com <ma...@sucfin.com> |
*Website:* www.sucdenfinancial.com <http://www.sucdenfinancial.com>

Twitter <https://twitter.com/SucdenFinancial>| LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/sucden-financial-limited>