Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2017/04/18 18:38:51 UTC

HTTP Server Hackathon/BOFs in Miami?

Evaluating whether I will attend ApacheCon, the most specific reason would
be hackathon time. Or productive BoF sessions.

Who all is planning to spend some time hacking at ACNA '17? Ideas for
projects or BoF topics?

Re: HTTP Server Hackathon/BOFs in Miami?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
I will be present, but I expect to be very busy with meetings,
feathercasts, and so on. Between events, I will hang out at a HTTP
hackathon table and work on docs stuff that I have outstanding.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: HTTP Server Hackathon/BOFs in Miami?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Apr 26, 2017 07:12, "Jim Jagielski" <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

I have never been productive at Hackathons. The discussion is great
and all that, but as far as the actual coding is concerned, I am too
accustomed to having a certain environment when coding, including
my desktop cpu, full keyboard and monitor. I just can't do serious
coding/hacking on a laptop. This old dog just can't.

Neither can I, although I will point out all final spit and polish of my
non-recursive secure fnmatch.c replacement was completed at a past
PenguiCon (Linux/Maker/SciFi event this coming weekend in Detroit metro.)
Sort of ironic to release BSD code at a GPL-ish event, on the upside I met
RSE in person :)

I find that I've spent more time at hackathons melding concensus on
troublesome design overhauls. Jeff's loadable MPM switch happened at an
Hackathon. Several shared problems between svn and httpd within apr were
resolved at the Apache retreat Wicklow. So Hackathon is not always the most
productive space but is a good forum to sort things out. Who knew we
understood pair programming before it was invented :)

Even the very limited conversations in Seville led to good APR outcomes, so
it still works if there are 2+ committers engaged. Sounds that this is
unlikely for Miami, but looking forward to the next opportunity.

Re: HTTP Server Hackathon/BOFs in Miami?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 1:05 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Reiterating the question... from the absence of any answer

I'm not able to make it this year.

Re: HTTP Server Hackathon/BOFs in Miami?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
> Evaluating whether I will attend ApacheCon, the most specific reason
> would be hackathon time. Or productive BoF sessions.
>
> Who all is planning to spend some time hacking at ACNA '17? Ideas for
> projects or BoF topics?

I will be there if I have time I need help/directives to "dump"
mod_cluster to httpd, but I will quite busy with my talks and the TomcatCon.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic