Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/26 22:05:03 UTC

schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd removed?

Hi Sachin,

I just found out that schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd is removed in
devtools 1.1.   In 1.0, I can create an extension point based on the schema
definition and discourage applications' access to certain jar files or
packages in the Geronimo server runtimes.  Any other code in devtools I can
use/leverage to implement similar functions in 1.1 now that the
schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd is gone?

TIA, Lin

Re: schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd removed?

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
take a look at

RuntimeClasspathProviderDelegate.requestClasspathContainerUpdate

I think that may work.

On Jul 26, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

> Hi Sachin,
>
> I just found out that schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd is
> removed in
> devtools 1.1.   In 1.0, I can create an extension point based on
> the schema
> definition and discourage applications' access to certain jar files or
> packages in the Geronimo server runtimes.  Any other code in
> devtools I can
> use/leverage to implement similar functions in 1.1 now that the
> schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd is gone?
>
> TIA, Lin

-sachin

Re: schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd removed?

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Yes, as I mentioned in an earlier thread, this extension point was to
be removed in 1.1.  You can use the WTP APIs to get access to the
server classpath container and make the modifications on it
directly.  You could then provide your own facet to enable/disable this.

On Jul 26, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

> Hi Sachin,
>
> I just found out that schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd is
> removed in
> devtools 1.1.   In 1.0, I can create an extension point based on
> the schema
> definition and discourage applications' access to certain jar files or
> packages in the Geronimo server runtimes.  Any other code in
> devtools I can
> use/leverage to implement similar functions in 1.1 now that the
> schema/discouragedRuntimeAccess.exsd is gone?
>
> TIA, Lin

-sachin