Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com> on 2004/11/29 16:49:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] JavaServer Faces in Action now available in book stores

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce that my book, JavaServer Faces in Action
(ISBN:1932394125), is now available in book stores, including Amazon. The
book covers JSF 1.0 and 1.1, and also includes the following features:

- How JavaServer Faces works and how it relates to other frameworks and
technologies like Struts, Servlets, Portlets, JSP, and JSTL
- Examples of all the standard components
- Internationalization, validation, and conversion
- In-depth coverage of JSF support from popular IDEs, including IBM
WebSphere Application Developer, Oracle JDeveloper, and Sun Java Studio Creator
- A complete case study showing how to write backing beans, integrate with
a database, and more
- Several chapters about writing custom components, renderers, converters,
and validators
- Advanced topics such as using JSF without JSP and enhancing functionality
by replacing the pluggable classes
- In addition to the 744-page print book, an additional 330 pages are
available on-line

Kito D. Mann (kmann@virtua.com)
Virtua, Inc.
Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
(<http://www.manning.com/mann/index.html>http://www.manning.com/mann/index.html)
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info

"Existence doesn't necessarily mean living..."

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JavaServer Faces in Action now available in book stores

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@mac.com>.
Congrats Kito!

I know that its been a long time in coming. Best of luck!

-bd-

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.